Step-by-step guide1. Access the new course into which you wish to import materials.
2. Once in the new course, click the "Site Info" link in the left-hand navigation bar.
3. Click the "Import from Site" tab.
4. You will have three methods of importing your material. Please note that none of these methods will import student information from a previous course. Choose your method of importing materials from previous courses. In most cases, you will want to choose the first method so it imports your gradebook settings as well (if you use the Sakai gradebook).
5. You can choose to import material from any course in which you are listed as an instructor or owner. Choose the course site from which you want to import materials and press the Continue button.
6. Most information (including Gradebook settings, assignments, tests and quizzes, wiki contents, blog contents, announcements, resources, etc) can be copied from one of your previous course sites to a new one. The below screenshot demonstrates copying material from a course site that used announcements, assignments, forums, gradebook classic, resources, syllabus, and tests and quizzes. Once you place a check in the box next to the content you'd like to import, click the Finish button.
7. If you have any questions, pressing the Help button available for any tool in Sakai brings up a very useful help guide for using that tool.